Strange how a near computer meltdown has left me in a similar mental state. It might be interesting, anyway, to try and live a personal computer-free life. As I type this, the words appear on the screen after a noticeable lag, and webpages take about a minute or two to load even though I subscribe to AT&T's ubernet.
Who knows, perhaps my life will become more productive if I don't own a computer. Unless I end up wasting all of my time with my face stuck in books, that is; the "facebook," some would even say. Today I acquired two such frivolous books of the novel genre: East of Eden and One Hundred Years of Solitude. However did people survive in analog times? Well, we'll see how it goes.
What a technology crisis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I dare you to take the thirty day challenge. I made up that name literally nanoseconds ago, just as spontaneously as I deleted my own facebook. Now, of course, dares are often done without logical reasoning, more for its shock value than its otherwise intellectual underpinn...OK I think I'm over intellectualizing this comment: Tomorrow, in eight hours when I wake up, I will eat breakfast and then type up something that will convince you to delete your Facebook.
Sorry, this is turning out longer than I thought. Also, I regret writing that last comment at two in the morning.
As I moved into that apartment on Telegraph, there was this three day window where I didn't have any internet access. It was... surreal. The computer has apparently turned my information habit into an information addiction - without internet, I just kept reading and reading... I couldn't get enough book. Chasing the dragon.
I wonder if I'd just be a recluse in the 1800's, holed up in a library or study somewhere.
Post a Comment