04 October 2010

Campus

Today I was walking to class and took a moment to appreciate the clouds. Blue skies are fine and dandy, but clouds have so much more drama to them. The way they play with light is especially pleasing as well. Here is an especially dramatic picture of some clouds with the Campanile in the foreground.



I force all sorts of metaphors when I visit our huge, subterranean library complex. I like to think of it as a sort of Hades-type underworld, a place not necessarily bad in-of-itself, but where you'll end up sooner or later. It helps that there's a huge spiral staircase, which adds nicely to the "descent into the underworld" effect. Transitioning from studying for two hours on the bottom floor of the pit to going outside is something overwhelming. It definitely feels like re-entering the realm of the living.





There probably won't be so many school groups roaming around campus once the rains start, but they still make me smile whenever I see them.

No comments: