So, I've been doing some planning. Nothing much, just my usual feverish bout of shuffling through course requirement sheets and the like. I'd say this happens every semester or so. I spend two hours thinking I'm recharting the course of my life, only to change it about three months later.
Well, on this current tack, I've got some goodies lined up for myself. For example, one of the classes I plan on taking is simply titled "Trees." Then there's "Wildland Fire Science," which involves a field trip for a proscribed burn. But right now, I'm pretty stoked at the prospect of going abroad. It seems to be all the rage these days, and I sure as heck don't want to be left out of the fun (my brand new passport is just itching to get its first stamp). Specifically, I really want to go to the island of Moorea in French Polynesia, which oddly enough has a UC Berkeley field research station there. Basically, the deal's like this: I go to French Polynesia, my school gives me units.
The decision was not a hard one to make.
But before any of that fun stuff happens, it seems like there's still a formidable amount of drudgery left to slog through. I still have a good deal of weeder courses left: classes engineered to destroy the human soul. The current gameplan involves me staying in Berkeley over the summer to learn all that there is to learn about organic chemistry. Carbon is such a wacky element.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
D:
http://morpheus.cc/myworld/places/tahiti/moorea.jpg
Floored. I'm full of envy. Can I do the forestry minor so I can check out Moorea?
Not really a joke - I would probably enjoy adding a forestry class a semester for the next 4 semesters + a summer. I'd probably just have to keep the Haas thing a secret from all my classmates, lest they burn me an effigy though.
I will think about it.
I will gladly rid my life of Chemistry learnings after Spring term.
Ah Carbon.... the quirky, misunderstood kid in a class of 130 some odd elements that refuses to follow the rules and so writes his own. Stick it to the man, Carbon. =P
Sounds like an awesome trip if you end up going. You should definitely go for it.
Post a Comment