I just moved into my room for the summer at Casa Zimbabwe, the first co-ed co-op in the United States. I've been pretty disappointed to find out that I won't have time to go abroad during college, but lately I've been feeling that the experience of living here won't be that different from being in a foreign country.
Casa Zimbabwe, also known as Krackistan, has a population of roughly 130, with partying as its number one export. Homegrown weed was former number one export before the rooftop growing operation got shut down.
Here's my place as of my move-in day:
Seems like the guy before me left in something of a hurry. There was definitely a neat little pile of nail clippings in the keyboard tray of the desk that was waiting for me. The desk had a sprinkling of weed bits and dust, and the drawers variously had condoms and loose change scattered about them.
Well, at least I have my own room! Let my reign over the Kingdom of David begin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We have the same little computer!
sweet digs!
KRACKISTAN. Yeah, it totally reminds me of the hostels I visited in Southeast Asia, in an incredible way.
Post a Comment