10 June 2010

Excuse me, but did you lose something?

I apologize for butting in, but you seem distressed, like you've lost something. If you've lost your way, I'm not sure if I'm certain of the way out. You can follow me, but I'm not making any promises. If you've lost your dignity, I'll try to prop you back on your feet for a bit, but I think it's reasonable to expect that I won't stay there forever. If you've lost your dreams, I am so very sorry to hear that. Not least of all because there's absolutely nothing I can do to bring them back. Well, maybe you didn't need those dreams and it was time you had some new ones anyway. If you've lost your patience, then take a breath; you'll probably feel better afterwards. No, you haven't lost any of those things? Well lucky you.

Losing something doesn't hurt. It's wishing that you still had it.

No comments: