15 January 2010

Day 15

Bussed back to SF today on AC Transit. The F line makes a stop right next to the Berkeley campus at Bancroft and Telegraph, so there are usually a couple kids on the bus wearing Cal hoodies. I was sitting across from a girl in a Pacific Rowing Club hoodie. The Pacific Rowing Club practices on Lake Merced, which is across the street from my alma mater, Lowell High School. If I hadn't been reading such an interesting book, my conversation with her might have gone like this:
    Me: I see you're wearing a Pacific Rowing Club hoodie.
    Girl: Yes, I am.
    Me: Why, the high school I went to high school is right next to Lake Merced.
    Girl: Oh, you went to Lowell?
    Me: Why yes, I did.
    Girl: Oh, I went to... [There proceeds to be 2-3 minutes of smalltalk; 2 minutes if we went to different high schools, and 3 minutes if we went to the same high school. At the conclusion of the 2-3 minutes of smalltalk, we make awkward, unintentional glances at each other for the duration of the bus ride.]

On the underground, we ended up getting on the same outbound K-Ingleside. I got off at Forest Hill Station, and she kept going.

Today's Expenditure: $2
Currently Reading: 1491 by Charles C. Mann
Miles Ran: 0

No comments: