There I found a land peopled by inhabitants clad in strange foot coverings, for it is the custom of many of my fellow Forestry majors to go about their business bare-footed. Additionally, these quaint folk have yet to discover the utility of glass mason jars as suitable drinking vessels, instead opting for woefully opaque plastic mugs that bear the logos of their favorite corporations. Instead of using these queer vessels to hold the cup of tea that is customary in my homeland, these odd beings consume a dark, aromatic liquid known for its psychoactive properties that increase their ability to pay attention to the classes they don't enjoy. What a strange land indeed.
Dollars spent: $3.53 (chili and cornbread for lunch)
Currently reading: Circle of Reason by Amitav Ghosh (it's about a phrenologist!)
Miles ran: 0
1 comment:
Phrenology: underrated.
"these odd beings consume a dark, aromatic liquid known for its psychoactive properties that increase their ability to pay attention to the classes they don't enjoy." - oh yes.
Now that I've actually been accepted to Haas, I'll feel less alienated entering that cement fortress. Perhaps I'll even embrace it, as home. I want to do that urban gardening class so I can go visit your side of campus.
Oh, and got an email from the BSC coop people. Are you still considering it?
"We will send you an email tomorrow letting you know about construction projects and other important information about summer. You will need to respond to tomorrow's email by March 10 in order to remain on the summer 10 waiting list. We will make the first round of summer assignments in late March and will then send out the first round of contracts/an email with a link to your place on the summer waiting list by the first week in April."
Post a Comment