Dave I am, I will not study for these exams.
Oh chemistry and physics, the facts galore;
Both these subjects I've learned before.
In high school dutifully I drilled away
Doing my homework nearly every day.
Dave I am, I will not study for these exams.
But there comes a point where enough is enough,
And really, I don't care about this stuff.
The pre-med students only worry and fret;
The thought of testing makes their pants wet.
Dave I am, I will not study for these exams.
Newton and Lewis you've discovered so much,
About atoms and motion and the world and such.
With knowledge and concepts you've invaded my head,
Despite the handicap of being long dead.
Dave I am, I will not study for these exams.
I will not study in the stacks; I think I'll sit here and relax.
I will not take the practice test; I'd much rather sleep and rest.
I will not live in constant fear; Instead I'll keep on sipping beer.
I will not use my GPA as a measure; Finishing a novel gives me much more pleasure.
Dave I am, I will not study for these exams.
Here are some photos I wasn't able to include in yesterday's post. They are pictures of the old observatory.
4 comments:
Very nice poem!
Bravo! I think you have a good fallback career as a poet/Seussian beatnik.
Mmm love it. Where is this on campus btw?
It's behind the East Asian Library.
Post a Comment