I must admit that I feel a bit defeated. Maybe the "no studying" strategy wasn't the best one. About an hour and forty-five minutes into my physics midterm, I called it quits and turned in my test half-completed. I couldn't hold thoughts anymore. I would see the green floor, think "green," remember that I was taking a test, try to think about solving a physics problem, get overwhelmed on how to approach it, and then get distracted again and start the cycle all over.
This went on for a good ten minutes before I realized that I wasn't making any headway. Actually, that's not true: I was perfectly aware that I wasn't making any progress the whole time. I just didn't want to admit that I was beat. A lot of those last minutes I spent in a personal struggle trying to decide whether I should keep suffering or turn in my half-finished exam.
I guess it didn't help that I was backpacking all weekend and pursuing, ahem, extracurricular activities in the days leading up to this test. But I guess I learned my lesson. I can already hear my inner Asian right now: "Work harder!"
Right after I finish reading just one more chapter of One Hundred Years of Solitude.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Gah, I'm sorry. This has happened to me too, and it hurts. In my case, I was skipping problem after problem, saving them for later, in the name of "test taking strategies" until I realized most of the test I would only be able to take pot shots at.
Post a Comment