12 March 2010

Day 70

Today I just couldn't say no. So now I have a Greenpeace membership and a card that proves I'm on the national bone marrow registry. It all kind of just happened. I'm not entirely sure why I signed all those forms today. When I got back home, I went on Wikipedia and was not pleased with what I saw. Not pleased at all.

Speaking of invasive medical procedures, here's an alien autopsy I performed:

The flesh of the beast.

The smell wasn't nearly as repugnant as I thought it would be. The other day, a friend gave me a piece of durian hard candy, so that I could mentally prepare myself, and I have to say that the experience of the candy was much more unpleasant than the real thing. The flesh was tender, and had a mellow, custardy flavor with a subtle nuttiness beneath the surface. Will try again.

1 comment:

mockumentary said...

David! I haven't tried durian yet, but can't imagine it to be as toothsome as purple sweet potatoes.
Love the format of your blog.