22 March 2010

Day 81

Another photodump day, covering the past few days.


Hollowed-out book (Swann's Way by Marcel Proust) that I used as a geocache. Not like I was ever going to read that thing.


Inside of the Hearst Mining and Metallurgy Building. Reminds me of a train station.


Art in the architecture building's courtyard.


Pastries intended not for the mere mortal.


The De Young museum at night. The whole park was very still and pleasant.

4 comments:

Smoot said...

You'd be proud. Just unearthed a pile of my dad's old mixtapes. Lots of nature/ambient sounds with titles like "Distant Thunder" and "Fresh Aire." Great, huh?

Thomas Riley York said...

I love hollow books. I made one from a book bought at the Lowell-50-cent-bookstore called "The Third World War." I thought it had suitable armageddon overtones for my secret stash.

+ I've never been inside the architecture building really, save to use the bathroom and check out Ramona's. I'll visit when I get back...

Ramon Solis said...

Ramona's?

David said...

@Ramon: The huge donuts? That was in the Fillmore.
@Tommy: I remember that book. I also remember being kind of jealous.